Tuesday 13 September 2011

Star Wars Kinect Delayed

So I have just found out that the Star Wars game for the Kinect has been delayed by Microsoft.

Confirmed by Microsoft, the release dates of the game for the Kinect and the special edition of the Xbox have been delayed. 
"Microsoft and LucasArts have elected to move the launch of Kinect Star Wars beyond holiday 2011 to ensure the full potential of this title is realized," a spokesperson told OXM. "This move applies to both the Kinect Star Wars stand-alone game and the Kinect Star Wars Limited Edition Console. We will communicate additional timing information at a later date."

So this means no release date until 2012. Which sucks. I was planning on getting the Kinect for my kids (and myself) as a 'family' present for Christmas.  Do I still get it?

But on the other hand I want the game to be fantastic and if that means they sort out  all the issues for a game that I hope and expect to be fantastic then I can wait and accept that. *Sighs*

So was anyone else going to buy a Kinect purely to play the Star Wars Kinect game? What are your feelings on the delay?

No comments:

Post a Comment