Friday 9 September 2011

Book Review: The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg

Rating
3.5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis
For the first time in English, the second psychological thriller from No 1 bestselling Swedish crime sensation Camilla Lackberg. In the fishing community of Fjallbacka, life is remote, peaceful -- and for some, tragically short. Foul play was always suspected in the disappearance twenty years ago of two young holidaymakers in the area. Now a young boy out playing has confirmed this grim truth. Their remains, discovered with those of a fresh victim, send the town into shock. Local detective Patrik Hedstrom, expecting a baby with his girlfriend Erica, can only imagine what it is like to lose a child. When a second young girl goes missing, Hedstrom's attention focuses on the Hults, a feuding clan of misfits, relgious fanatics and criminals. The suspect list is long but time is short -- which of this family's dark secrets will provide the vital clue?

My Review:
I picked this book up as I had to read something for my first book club from the new arrivals shelf.I saw this and as I love Larsson, and this a well known scandinavian author thought I would give it ago,

Ok so this is set in Sweden, and has to do with a hidden family secret. Other than that there are NO other comparisons to the girl with/who series by Stieg Larsson.

The style of writing is totally different and so are the characters. Lackberg is not as detailed as larsson, which in some respects is a good thing. It starts off jumping straight in, and I like that. I was not bored at any point yet at the same time it is not a book that I would say is at my top ten but I would look out for her again.

If you like authors like Val McDermid, Karin Slaughter, then I would recommend to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment