Friday 9 September 2011

Book Review: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Rating 
4.5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis
To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fate of two tribes hangs. Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life - first discovered in TWILIGHT, then scattered and torn in NEW MOON and ECLIPSE - seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed...forever?

My Review:
A book that I had been looking forward to for a while, but I had heard some less than brillant reviews before hand and I had actaully been told the story before hand whcih ruined it a little. But I still lvoed it. I was hooked for the first page.

I absolutely adore Edward. I can not get enough of him. I totally forgot I was in a book. I was in this world, totally sucked in, if the plane crashed I don't think I would have realised. :lol:

I did not mind Jacob in this book. Like is maybe a too strong a word. Normally I groan when I see a big chunk of warewolf.

I love the relationship between Edward and Jacob in this book. I got many smiles, laugh out louds and ooooooooooooh from this book just from the converstations and scenes with those two in. I do however hate the imprinting thing. I found rather cringeworthy and felt kind of strange reading it. I also found the swing of emotions from Bella and Edward about it stange also.

The only other thing that got me confused was the whole Charlie thing. I thought there was going to be some big cliffhanger or thing at the end. Due to the drmatic and rather quick and sudden inclusion of the storyline.

The ending like other people was a bit like Eclipse and was an anti climax, how long was the build up? ;) I did however shed tears, smile and all the other emotion the books bring out of me.

I was sad to turn the final page and see The End.

All in all I loved the book, even the ending. It's a series where if another book came out I would have to preorder it, counting down the days to read. I don't care if it is not the most beautifully written in the world, or if it has the contention to be up their with soome of the greatest books/ series on Earth. For me there is something about the series, the characters, that make me feel that I am there. Like they are my friends, and that to me is one hell of a good series.
Pros: EDWARD CULLEN!!!
Cons: Some of the sub plots were strange and hard to digest. The ending could have had a bit more pow!

No comments:

Post a Comment