Friday 9 September 2011

Book Review: Betrayed by P.C. & Kristin Cast

Rating 
3 out of 5 stars

Synopsis
It seems that (un)life is going pretty well for Zoey Redbird. She's settled in at the House of Night finishing school and is coming to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her. She even has a boyfriend...or two. Best of all, Zoey finally feels she has found somewhere she belongs. Then the unthinkable happens.Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the vampires at Zoey's school. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's past life, she begins to realise that the very powers that made her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night. Zoey finds herself facing a betrayal that could break her heart and jeopardise the very fabric of her world.

My Review:
I read this book after leaving The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest for my up coming flight. My mojo as a result was floundering by the second and I needed something that was quick and not to in depth. This I hoped would do the job.

This is the second book in the series, and as expected it was Ok. It did take me a little longer to read and I was a little bored half way through. The ending was pretty good though and like the first I will at some point read the third.

The language used did not annoy me quite so much as the last, and was not a huge annoyance of the book unlike the first. This is however not a book for young readers, yet not adult enough for it to be an adult book, I still felt that you could tell that it had the imput of two writers.
I did find the plot of The added love interest (The poetry teacher) highly unbelievable, even at some points laughable, why they feel they need t add another love interest is beyond me. All in all it is Ok, and with most series that I start to read I tend to want to finish them off. I won't be in a major, OhmygodIneedtoreaditnow panic to read the next one, even though at some point I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment