Friday 9 September 2011

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Rating 
5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis
Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a Greek god. I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. That's when things started really going wrong. Now I spend my time fighting with swords, battling monsters with my friends and generally trying to stay alive. This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt - and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea..

My Review:
Ok this is a YA book. I got thhis out from the library as my oldest wanted to watch the film. I LOVED IT!!! I have been busy and did not have much time to read it in a long sitting I wish I had!It was just great in everyway! I loved going back to my childhood and reliing all the old Greek lessons about Greek Mythology and how the author has related it to modern times.

i have read this to my son now (I bought the series) and he loves it. He can relate to Percy as he had ADHD and dyslexia and they go into why Percy has these things wrong with him (It helps him fight and learn Greek ancient Greek better)

Quick paced and awesome characters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment