Friday 9 September 2011

Book Review: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan


Rating 
4.5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis
You can't tell by looking at me that my dad is Poseidon, God of the Sea. It's not easy being a half-blood these days. You mortals can't even see the monsters we have to fight all the time. So when a game of dodgeball turned into a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giants, I couldn't exactly ask my gym teacher for help. And that was just for starters. This is the one where Camp Half Blood is under attack, and unless I get my hands on the Golden Fleece, the whole camp will be invaded by monsters. Big ones. Can Percy survive the treacherous Sea of Monsters and restore order to Half-Blood Hill?

My Review:
Ok so this is the secons in the Percy Jackson series, and continues from where we left off in the first book. Percy has spent the summer trying to live a'normal' life until he goes back to Camp Half-Blood. I settle right back into the series, I really did enjoy it. You have the same characters, along with some new one. One new character I utterly adored and I hope he is able to come back for the next book.

These is great for kids, and I have been reading them along with my son, after reading them myself. We love them so much that we have bought the first three of the collection and are looking to get the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment