Friday 9 September 2011

Book Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Rating
4.5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis
A sacred oath, a fallen angel, a forbidden love...This darkly romantic story features our heroine, Nora Grey, a seemingly normal teenage girl with her own shadowy connection to the Nephilim, and super-alluring bad boy, Patch, now her deskmate in biology class. Together they find themselves at the centre of a centuries-old feud between a fallen angel and a Nephilim...Forced to sit next to Patch in science class, Nora attempts to resist his flirting, though gradually falls for him against her better judgment. Meanwhile creepy things are going on with a mysterious stalker following her car, breaking into her house and attacking her best friend, Vi. Nora suspects Patch, but there are other suspects too - not least a new boy who has transferred from a different college after being wrongly accused of murdering his girlfriend. And he seems to have taken a shine to Nora...Love certainly is dangerous...and someone is going to have to make the ultimate sacrifice for it.

My Review:
I had wanted to read this book for a while when I saw it in my local tescos while doing a Christmas shop. I decided to wait until after the Xmas period was over. Lucky for me I was able to get it out from my library. So if it was not good and was too YA for me, it would not matter.


But I was plesantly surprised in the end. With a start that started out with a "Lets jump on he Twilight bandwagon" but instead of a vampire lets replace it with an Angel.


Yes there are MANY things that make you compare it to Twilight. Yet once you get past that feeling, you get to read a good book in it's own right.


With a non existant mojo (and I mean existant) this book got my mojo in full swing. I could not litrally put the book down. Housework was put aside today just so I could read it to the end I HAD TO FINISH IT!!!



Ok so it is not the most original of books, we know where some of her inspiration came from, yet there are some quirky ideas in the mix, and some interesting characters. There are not many characters which is good. I never got confused by who was who and with each character I had an ideal in my head of whom they were. Saying that I did not think that it was for me the best of written books, but then it is a YA.


For people with YAs most definately a book for them. No sex in it at all. flirting, yes. Talked about a little. But nothing in detail(very very very little in fact) Also no swearing. Yet unlike some other YA books, no childish or modern slang used.


All in all a good and exciting read for a flagging mojo. Will be looking out for the next one CRESENDO.

No comments:

Post a Comment